Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Coldest Winter Ever!

Chicago's last blizzard in the 1960's (lake shore drive)

It’s February 2, and Chicago has experienced its first snow day in over a decade. Although it looks absolutely beautiful outside, it’s extremely cold. I am very proud to be apart of this historical event, but I am sadden by some of the tragedies that have taken place. For example, Lakeshore Drive, this was shut down due to over turned buses and stalled cars. City officials’ estimated as many as 900 cars were caught in the jam; an AP photographer at the scene counted at least 1,500. People feared starvation, and freezing to death. I wish there was something I could have done to help; Well there was one thing I prayed for their safety and well being…

Chicago's blizzard 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment